[Setup] Re: How to start Plone after reimage

Andy McKay amckay at bluefountain.com
Wed Jul 18 07:54:09 UTC 2007

On 18 Jul 2007, at 06:19, Alexander Limi wrote:
>> Is my Plone installation hosed if I lose the registry? How do I
>> start Plone
>> without the Start menu.
>
> Probably. I know Python registers stuff there, and the Windows
> installer for Plone may too.

It reads the registry for what Python has. Things like the Windows
services which Plone uses are lost too. Lose your registry and you
are stuffed :)

You should still be able to start Plone from the runzope.bat file in
your Plone install, and run Plone from a DOS prompt.

> Just reinstall the same version of Plone and copy in your products
> and Data.fs file.

Yep should be fine.
--
   Andy McKay