[Setup] Installing on CentOS

originalbryan bryan.allen at ipov.net
Mon Jul 16 17:44:49 UTC 2007

Installation on CentOS 5.0 seems to go without a problem. After running
./zeocluster/bin/startcliuster.sh I can't access the manage page. Just to
make sure I wasn't doing something stupid, I installed Plone on my Ubuntu
laptop. Set the port-base to 1000 in client1 and client2 config files, and I
was able to go right to the manage page.

So, following the same installation procedure on 2 machines, Ubuntu works
and CentOS does not. Other than the difference in distribution, is that the
laptop is local and the CentOS machine is remote (about 5 feet away). I
tried setting the http server address line in the client config files as
"address 192.168.10.68:8080" and "address 192.168.10.68:8081" and also the
address line in zeo.conf as "address 192.168.10.68:8100". Nothing works so
far. The reason for the port base offset is that the server runs tomcat.