[Setup] Re: error on install for plone 3 -openid

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Sun Jul 15 17:07:22 UTC 2007

treid wrote:
> Hello
>
> Trying to do an install of plone rc using : svn co
> http://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/ploneout/trunk plone3
>
> All works down to the buildout when I get the error :
>
> Updating zope2.
> Installing instance.
> Getting distribution for 'python-openid>=2.0.0,<2.0.999'.
> error: Not a recognized archive type:
> /tmp/tmp9h1nUIget_dist/python-openid-2.0.1.tar.bz2
> An error occured when trying to install python-openid 2.0.1.Look above this
> message for any errors thatwere output by easy_install.
> While:
>   Installing instance.
>   Getting distribution for 'python-openid>=2.0.0,<2.0.999'.
> Error: Couldn't install: python-openid 2.0.1
>
> I'm quite certain that it's not an issue with bz2 as I've down a manual
> download of openid and decompressed the file.

Dumb question: Did you run 'python bootstrap.py' at least once?

You may want to Google this, it doesn't sound like a Plone or Zope
specific problem.

In the meantime, try to find a source distribution (that is, one that
has a setup.py file at the root) for python-openid and check it
out/extract it to src/python-openid in the buildout, and add it to the
'develop' list in the '[buildout]' section.

This will make buildout take the code from there and not try to download
it from the cheeseshop.

If you're still stuck, try the distutils-sig mailing list (also in
gmane), since this appears to be a setuptools related problem.

Martin

--
Acquisition is a jealous mistress