[Setup] Re: Upgrading from 2.0.5 to 2.5.2 fails

Nick Davis nd51 at leicester.ac.uk
Tue Jan 30 10:39:50 UTC 2007

erchache2000 wrote:
> Hi, I trying to upgrade my plone instance and breaks, can anybody help
> me? I use fink and zope source code.
>
>  * CMF: CMF-1.6.2
>  * Debug mode: Yes
>  * Five: Five 1.3.8
>  * PIL: 1.1.5
>  * Platform: darwin
>  * Plone File System: 2.5.2
>  * Plone Instance: 2.0.5
>  * Python: 2.4.3 (#1 <https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/1>, Jan 17
>    2007, 21:57:01) [GCC 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5367)]
>  * Zope: (Zope 2.9.6-final, python 2.4.3, darwin)
>
> ZMysqlDA arent installed but can do later....

A few thoughts :

1. Looks like you're missing the python2.4-libxml package.

2. I recommend to test your 2.5.2 instance thoroughly first, before
trying to migrate your 2.0.5 instance to it. In Zope on the 2.5.2
instance you could create another Plone site called "secondsite" or
something, and play around with it, make sure it all works and your
3rd-party products work with it.

3. I suggest get ZMysqlDA in the 2.5.2 site now, to eliminate the
possibility of lack of that being a problem. There was a warning about
it in your log.

4. This error from your log looks bad:

File "/sw/lib/python2.4/site-packages/PIL/ImageFile.py", line 471, in _save
   e = Image._getencoder(im.mode, e, a, im.encoderconfig)
File "/sw/lib/python2.4/site-packages/PIL/Image.py", line 344, in
_getencoder
   raise IOError("encoder %s not available" % encoder_name)

That may possibly be caused by missing libxml....

Did you build your own python? Did you install and test PIL correctly?
Have you got the right PIL version? Are you pointing at the right python
version when you run zope? Refer to the release notes and to
http://plone.org/documentation/how-to/setup-from-source .

HTH
Nick

--