[Setup] Setting up Plone on Mac OS 10.3.9

Will pythonz at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 04:43:37 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I have just purchased an ex-lease, Dual 1.8 Ghz PowerPC G5 from my employer
and have never set-up Plone on a Mac before. Love Mac though :).

Most of the "easy" installers for PPC appear to want Mac Os 10.4+; otherwise
I appear to have to require an "all platforms" install (8.5MB), which
requires downloading and installing Zope et al first. For a non-programmer
or pure geek, this seems a bit cumbersome (and like Linux of yore -- this
requires that to work with that and oh don't forget about that. Sheesh).

I don't want to upgrade to Os 10.4+; so are there other easy options for
getting Plone on my machine? I'm happy to go with an earlier Plone release
if necessary.

Cheers,

Will