[Setup] Migration from 2.0.5 to 2.1.3 issues with staging, workflow, and version control

Toby Gustafson tobyg at tyrell.com
Fri Jan 26 22:27:04 UTC 2007

Hello,

   I have a Plone 2.0.5 site using CMFStaging, PloneStaging, and
ZopeVersionControl.  There are two stages (i.e. Plone instances):
development and production.  There are several CMF-based objects, such
as news items, that have been published (so they are in both instances).

   I installed Plone 2.1.3 and need to migrate the 2 two instances.
After running the portal_migration on either the development or the
production instance, I notice the following problems with the CMF-based
objects that were converted to AT-based objects.

   1) The workflow state is set to the default (created), regardless
      of which state (visible, published, etc.) the object was in.
      No objects should ever be in the created state since there is an
      automatic transition to the visible state.

   2) The objects are not under version control, and the version history
      has been completely wiped out.

The migration seems to be wiping out all the workflow and version control
history, but in looking through the event log, there is no indication of
what might be causing this.

   Has anybody tried migrating a site with staging, workflow, and version
control and can offer any suggestions on what is going on?

Thanks,
--Toby.
Toby Gustafson
Senior Software Engineer