[Setup] portal_memberdata wiped on upgrade from 2.1.4 to 2.5.2

Philip Kilner phil at xfr.co.uk
Fri Jan 26 08:34:12 UTC 2007

Hi,

I've been upgrading many small sites from 2.1.4 to 2.5.2, and am
noticing that portal_memberdata is empty after the upgrade.

User accounts and logins are OK, but in the Plone membership tool I see
only the account name - not the real name and email address. Have had a
Google and a look at the list archive, and don't see any record of
anyone else having the same problem.

I have backups, so no data is lost, but retrieving it would be tedious,
so my questions are: -

- Has anyone else seen this, or has anyone a clue as to why this might
be happening, or what to investigate?

- If portal_member data tells me it's empty, is it definitively gone, or
is there somewhere else I should be looking?

There are maybe a score of small sites, most with around half a dozen
members and a couple with non-trivial numbers. I can transcribe the
small ones and export/import from backups the large ones, but I'd like
to understand what has happened and whether there is a cleverer way to
get my data back before I do that.

--

Regards,

PhilK