[Setup] Re: Plone Stack Overflow

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Sat Jan 13 04:18:48 UTC 2007

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 14:24:26 -0800,
<hpinson at indepthl.com> wrote:

> Hi. This question has been asked before, but not answered definitivly
> here or on Plone Users as far as I can tell.
>
> Plone 2.5.1, Zope 2.9.5, Python 2.4.4 (Fedora Core 6)
>
> In certain sub-versions of Internet Explorer 6, when visiting a Plone
> 2.5.1 site, a Windows error message is generated:
>
> "Stack overflow at line: 0"
>
> This appears in Windows XP as far as I can tell.

It has been answered several times, but I understand that it's hard to
search for these kinds of errors:

Upgrading to 2.5.2 RC1 will fix this issue:

http://plone.org/products/plone/releases/2.5.2

This only happens if you have Windows AND Office 2003 AND IE7
installed, which is why we didn't catch it in the testing of the 2.5.1
release, although we tested it extensively with IE7.

Also consult this document if you have visual display issues with the
CSS rendering in IE7:

http://plone.org/documentation/how-to/plone-ie7-updates

(these are fixed in the 2.5.2 RC release, to my knowledge)

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net