[Setup] UnicodeDecodeError

Stephan Goeldi gozope at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 19:55:11 UTC 2007

I know that migrating by importing zexp is not the good way for a
Plone 2.0.5 to 2.1.4 migration, but copying the Data.fs and cut/paste
to a fresh 2.1.4 instance is the good way. Now my situation is this:

After migrating a site to 2.1.4 which works now on a productive
server, it was detected, that one folder from the 2.0.5 site does not
exist on the new productive 2.1.4 site. copying the Data.fs is no
option now. So I created a new Zope instance somewhere else, copied
the Data.fs there, created a fresh 2.1.4 Plone site and moved the
missing folder with cut and paste to the new site. After this I made
the usual migration steps as described here:
http://plone.org/documentation/migration/2.1/

Now I suppose that the folder is "migrated". Isn't it? I can view it
without any problems in the fresh 2.1.4 site. I now do a zexp export
and try to import it into the productive 2.1.4 site. There I get this
error message:

 Error Type
    UnicodeDecodeError
Error Value
    'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 95: ordinal not
in range(128)

Plone version: 2.1.4
Zope version: (Zope 2.8.6-final, python 2.4.3, openbsd4)

ATContentTypes 1.0.6-final installed
Archetypes 1.3.10-final2 installed
MimetypesRegistry 1.3.10-final installed

Traceback:
Traceback (innermost last):
  Module OFS.ObjectManager, line 575, in manage_importObject
  Module OFS.ObjectManager, line 597, in _importObjectFromFile
  Module OFS.ObjectManager, line 307, in _setObject
  Module Products.CMFCore.CMFCatalogAware, line 199, in manage_afterAdd
  Module Products.CMFCore.CMFCatalogAware, line 235, in __recurse
  Module Products.Archetypes.BaseFolder, line 107, in manage_afterAdd
  Module Products.CMFCore.CMFCatalogAware, line 198, in manage_afterAdd
  Module Products.Archetypes.CatalogMultiplex, line 26, in indexObject
  Module Products.CMFPlone.CatalogTool, line 433, in catalog_object
  Module Products.ZCatalog.ZCatalog, line 567, in catalog_object
  Module Products.ZCatalog.Catalog, line 360, in catalogObject
  Module Products.ZCTextIndex.ZCTextIndex, line 187, in index_object
  Module Products.Archetypes.BaseObject, line 537, in SearchableText
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position
95: ordinal not in range(128)

TIA
Stephan Goeldi