[Setup] Re: How to repair broken products

Stephen Cook cook_se at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 27 18:15:20 UTC 2007

Thanks for the info.  After doing some more testing on my development
system, I discovered that the Products ArchExample, CMFBoard &
SimpleBlog became listed as broken after upgrading Archetypes from
1.2.5-rc5 to 1.3.9.  I have two question:1.  Is it necessary to
upgrade Archetypes before migrating from Plone 2.0.5 to 2.1.3?  Is it
upgraded during the migration process?2.  If so, how do I upgrade
Archetypes?  I tried shutting off Plone, copying over Archetypes 1.3.9
to my Products folder, starting Plone, then migrate via the migrate tab
found in Archetype_Tool.Thanks,Stephen> To: setup at lists.plone.org> From: limi at plone.org> Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 18:02:21 -0800> Subject: [Setup] Re: How to repair broken products> > On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 14:45:51 -0800, Stephen Cook  > <cook_se at hotmail.com> wrote:> > > Hi,I'm trying to clean up our Products before migrating our Plone site  > > from 2.0.5 to 2.1.3.  I'm a little confused because there seem to be  > > three different places to manage products.Under Control Panel -> Product  > > Management the Products ArchExample, CMFBoard, & SimpleBlog are listed  > > as being broken products.> > SimpleBlog is at least compatible with Plone 2.1.3, ArchExample can safely  > be removed (it's just an example product), CMFBoard is has known issues.> > > Under Plone -> Portal_QuickInstaller the Products CMFCalendar,  > > GroupUserFolder, CMFActionIcons and CMFFormController have their Product  > > Version highlighted in red.  None of these products have a checkbox.> > That's because these products are taken care of by Plone itself, and do  > not need manual migration/upgrades/etc.> > > I ran the dead content script located  > > here:http://plone.org/documentation/migration/2.1/dead_content_types.py/viewI  > > assume it worked because the only output I received was "Dead Content  > > Type Inspector".> > Yes, that means that you had no problematic objects.> > > What is the best way to clean up these products?> > There's a dedicated CMFBoard uninstaller script which might help:> > http://www.mxm.dk/products/public/CMFBoardUninstaller/> > -- > Alexander Limi · http://limi.net> > > _______________________________________________> Setup mailing list> Setup at lists.plone.org> http://lists.plone.org/mailman/listinfo/setup