[Setup] UnicodeDecodeError

Stephan Goeldi gozope at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 10:34:49 UTC 2007

This error happens, when I change the default charset of the portal.
But here I have a plone site which always was set to utf-8. This was
never changed.

Now I want to import a folder with content as zexp into a migrated
Plone 2.1.4 (from 2.0.5) and I get this Traceback. Where do I have to
change anything?

Error type: UnicodeDecodeError
Error value: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 95:
ordinal not in range(128)

Taceback:
Traceback (innermost last):
 Module OFS.ObjectManager, line 575, in manage_importObject
 Module OFS.ObjectManager, line 597, in _importObjectFromFile
 Module OFS.ObjectManager, line 307, in _setObject
 Module Products.CMFCore.CMFCatalogAware, line 199, in manage_afterAdd
 Module Products.CMFCore.CMFCatalogAware, line 235, in __recurse
 Module Products.Archetypes.BaseFolder, line 107, in manage_afterAdd
 Module Products.CMFCore.CMFCatalogAware, line 198, in manage_afterAdd
 Module Products.Archetypes.CatalogMultiplex, line 26, in indexObject
 Module Products.CMFPlone.CatalogTool, line 433, in catalog_object
 Module Products.ZCatalog.ZCatalog, line 567, in catalog_object
 Module Products.ZCatalog.Catalog, line 360, in catalogObject
 Module Products.ZCTextIndex.ZCTextIndex, line 187, in index_object
 Module Products.Archetypes.BaseObject, line 537, in SearchableText
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position
95: ordinal not in range(128)