[Setup] Re: No owner privileges on member folder

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Sun Feb 18 22:54:49 UTC 2007

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 22:29:27 +0100, Jim
<myjunkcatcher at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi - Just installed Plone and eager to get started. But I memebers dont
> have
> permission to add items. In fact, only a manager can.
>
> Is there some security switch I'm missing?
>
> I've tried digging through documentation and googleing without any luck.

By default, members can only add content in their home folders.

The way it works in Real Sites is that one generally puts people in
groups, and then give those groups permissions via the Sharing tab.

For example, the Documentation group on plone.org have manager rights in
the Documentation area.

We're making this easier to understand in the upcoming Plone 3, with
pre-configured (local) Reader, Editor and Reviewer roles.

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net