[Setup] Re: Migrate from Plone 2.0.5 to 2.5

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Thu Feb 8 08:17:35 UTC 2007

Boguslaw Lichonski wrote:
> Hello
>
> We are fighting with migration since last 5 weeks without success :(
>
> We decided to remove all users, and than migration works fine!
> But we found a problem of unknown content creators/owners :(
> I think we can loose this information. How do you think is it possible
> to convert all owners to admin and than make the migration?

In CMFPlone's PloneTool there's a changeOwnershipOf() method. There's
enough copy-paste material in there to make a small script that iterates
over all the content and sets ownership to the admin user.

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees                       r.van.rees @ zestsoftware.nl
http://vanrees.org/weblog/                  http://zestsoftware.nl/