[Setup] running unit tests on Plone 2.5.2

Juan Pablo Di Lelle jdilelle at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 19:36:36 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I hope this is the right list for this question.

I just installed a fresh Plone 2.5.2 using the Universal/Unified Linux
Installer from http://plone.org/products/plone . Pretty neat installer!
Everything went well on my old G4. As a result, I have the default ZEO
cluster with two clients and a shared Products/ directory, in which I dumped
my products as usual.

I am now trying to run my unit tests and I can't get them to work. On
2.5.1I was getting the known 'test_user_1_' error. Now I'm getting the
following
"AttributeError: plone" error:

$ python ./runalltests.py

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/Plone-2.5.2/lib/python/Testing/ZopeTestCase/profiler.py", line
86, in __call__
    self.setUp()
  File "/opt/Plone-2.5.2/lib/python/Testing/ZopeTestCase/PortalTestCase.py",
line 60, in setUp
    self.portal = self._portal()
  File "/opt/Plone-2.5.2/zeocluster/client1/Products/PloneTestCase/PloneTestCase.py",
line 70, in _portal
    return self.getPortal(1)
  File "/opt/Plone-2.5.2/zeocluster/client1/Products/PloneTestCase/PloneTestCase.py",
line 83, in getPortal
    return getattr(self.app, portal_name)
AttributeError: plone

I get the same error when running individual tests: python ./test_blah.py

$ env | grep _HOME

SOFTWARE_HOME=/opt/Plone-2.5.2/lib/python/
INSTANCE_HOME=/opt/Plone-2.5.2/zeocluster/client1/

I would like to know if the 'test_user_1_' is something still present in
Plone 2.5.2 as installed by the Super Universal Unified Linux Installer
(which installs Zope 2.9.6 if I'm not mistaken).

Also, any hints on why I'm getting this AttributeError? Are INSTANCE_HOME
and SOFTWARE_HOME ok? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks a lot, I will feel much more comfortable once I see the tests running
(and passing!).