[Setup] Re: How to check for Products being detected?

Nick Davis nd51 at leicester.ac.uk
Thu Dec 13 10:56:10 UTC 2007

Marcos De Vera Piquero wrote:

> I'm trying to add some products to my Plone 3.0.3 installation but they are
> not appearing at the quickinstaller section. I'm not experienced with Plone,
> so my question is: how can I check the products copied in /Products directory
> are being detected by Zope/Plone?

Marcos,

If you go to the ZMI (zope interface), go to Control Panel then to
Product Management, you should see all products listed there. If not,
there's a problem.

Usually products don't show up because of an error on startup.

To see any errors on startup, switch debug mode on, in the zope.conf file.

If you're on *nix platform, you can start Zope from the command line
with ./runzope in the bin directory, and it will output to the terminal.
If there's a problem with a product, it will helpfully blow up in the
right place so you can see what the problem is.

HTH
Nick

--
Nick Davis