[Setup] Re: Update from 2.1.3 to 3.0.3

Nick Davis nd51 at leicester.ac.uk
Thu Dec 13 10:36:33 UTC 2007

Jalberich wrote:
> Can I upgrade from 2.1.3 to 3.0.3 in one step? Or is obligatory 2.5 before?
> Thanks.

You should in theory be able to do it in one step.

However, the 2.1.3->2.5.x is a simpler change and has been done by more
people,  than the 2.5.x->3.0.3 step.

Therefore it might make life easier for you to go via 2.5 .

If you go via 2.5 you'll need to install or build Zope twice - 2.9.x to
run Plone 2.5.x on, then 2.10.x to run Plone 3.0.x on. Thats a little
extra work.

Bear in mind also that 3rd-party products you're using are more likely
to have caught up with 2.5.x than 3.0.x

If I was in your position I would go to the latest 2.5.x now, and go to
3.0.x in a few months time.

Regards,
Nick

--