[Setup] Re: replacing the underlying Zope version? (was: plone versus blobs)

Ken Manheimer ken.manheimer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 22:32:04 UTC 2007

On 8/29/07, Alexander Limi <limi at plone.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 08:02:25 -0700, Ken Manheimer
> <ken.manheimer-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
> > hi, again.  i'm pretty stuck on this issue of configuring plone to
> > handle blobs.  having received zero responses to my question after two
> > days, i thought i'd try reframing it to at least get some guidance on
> > a way to attack the issue.  i would be happy if i could run plone
> > (2.5.3 or 3.0) on top of a version of zope that does blobs.  i figure
> > someone must have tried this - is there any guidance for swapping in a
> > later version of Zope?  any gotchas?  is this worth trying?  i'm going
> > to try it with 2.5.3, but would love to hear whether anyone has
> > experience with this...
>
> The current "future proof" solution is to use Plone 3.0 with Zope 2.10 and
> replace the ZODB shipping with 2.10 with the one from 2.11.
>
> Progress on this is tracked here:
> http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/6805
>
> Would be great if you help test and report any issues you see. The basics
> are working right now, but needs some work (that I'm sure you're more than
> capable of. :)

thanks, alexander - this is encouraging.  (and thanks for the note of
confidence.-)  considering the timing, aiming for the future is the
right thing.  that said, i'd be interested to hear details about what
it is that needs work - i did see ticket 6805, and andi ziedler's
followon, http://dev.plone.org/collective/changeset/47633, and will
get in touch with him to learn the current status...
--
ken
http://myriadicity.net