[Setup] Zope Page Template appears to modify an XML attribute when sending to the browser

glenn andrews ga at aggies.com
Wed Aug 29 20:09:01 UTC 2007

My Zope Page Template appears to modify an XML attribute when sending to
the browser.  Should this be happening?

ZPT INPUT SOURCE (Take note of the line:  <xf:instance xmlns="" >):

xmlns:xf="http://www.w3.org/2002/xforms">
  <head>
     <title>Hello World in XForms</title>
     <xf:model>
        <xf:instance xmlns="" >
           <data>
              <PersonGivenName/>
           </data>
        </xf:instance>
     </xf:model>
  </head>
       If you are running XForms, the output should be displayed in the
output area.</p>          <xf:input ref="PersonGivenName"
incremental="true">
           <xf:label>Please enter your first name: </xf:label>
        </xf:input>
        <xf:output value="concat('Hello ', PersonGivenName, '!')">
           <xf:label>Ouput: </xf:label>
        </xf:output>

When I visit the URL I get the following error.

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Location: http://192.168.1.119/test01/IBMForm2.xhtml
Line Number 5, Column 28:         <xf:instance xmlns>

The error appears to be caused because the "" in Line 5 getting dropped
from <xf:instance xmlns=""> as shown when I view the source in the browser.

SOURCE WHEN VIEWED IN FIREFOX BROWSER (Note line 5 change to: