[Setup] help upgrading to version 3.0

davmarsh davmarsh at cisco.com
Fri Aug 24 14:24:42 UTC 2007

I get this error when trying to upgrade to version 3.0.
Just wondering if anyone know the first place to go.

I am testing the upgrade with a data.fs file moved over from a linux server
onto a windows box with a fresh install of plone 3 downloaded off the front
page.

Dry run selected.
Starting the migration from version: 2.1.2
Attempting to upgrade from: 2.1.2
Registered tools as utilities.
Removed vcXMLRPC.js
Added icons for copy, cut, paste and delete
Upgrade to: 2.1.3-rc1, completed
Attempting to upgrade from: 2.1.3-rc1
Upgrade to: 2.1.3, completed
Attempting to upgrade from: 2.1.3
Upgrade to: 2.1.4-rc1, completed
Attempting to upgrade from: 2.1.4-rc1
Upgrade to: 2.1.4, completed
Attempting to upgrade from: 2.1.4
Registered tools as utilities.
Added setup_tool.
Installed CMFPlacefulWorkflow.
Upgrade to: 2.5-alpha1, completed
Attempting to upgrade from: 2.5-alpha1
Upgrade aborted
Error type: exceptions.AttributeError
Error value: getGroupIds
File "C:\Program Files\Plone 3\Data\Products\CMFPlone\MigrationTool.py",
line 210, in upgrade newv, msgs = self._upgrade(newv)
File "C:\Program Files\Plone 3\Data\Products\CMFPlone\MigrationTool.py",
line 321, in _upgrade res = function(self.aq_parent)
File "C:\Program Files\Plone
3\Data\Products\CMFPlone\migrations\v2_5\alphas.py", line 46, in
alpha1_alpha2 installPlonePAS(portal, out)
File "C:\Program Files\Plone
3\Data\Products\CMFPlone\migrations\v2_5\alphas.py", line 66, in
installPlonePAS installOrReinstallProduct(portal, 'PlonePAS', out)
File "C:\Program Files\Plone
3\Data\Products\CMFPlone\migrations\migration_util.py", line 85, in
installOrReinstallProduct qi.installProduct(product_name, hidden=hidden)
File "C:\Program Files\Plone
3\Data\Products\CMFQuickInstallerTool\QuickInstallerTool.py", line 367, in
installProduct res=install(portal)
File "C:\Program Files\Plone
3\Zope\lib\python\Products\ExternalMethod\ExternalMethod.py", line 231, in
__call__ try: return f(*args, **kw)
File "C:\Program Files\Plone
3\Data\Products\PlonePAS\Extensions\Install.py", line 886, in install
userdata = grabUserData(portal, out)
File "C:\Program Files\Plone
3\Data\Products\PlonePAS\Extensions\Install.py", line 320, in grabUserData
roles = [role for role in member.getRoles() if role != 'Authenticated']
File "C:\Program Files\Plone 3\Data\Products\CMFCore\MemberDataTool.py",
line 390, in getRoles return self.getUser().getRoles()
File "C:\Program Files\Plone 3\Data\Products\GroupUserFolder\GRUFUser.py",
line 309, in getRoles self._all_roles =
GroupUserFolder.unique(self.getUserRoles() + self.getGroupRoles())
File "C:\Program Files\Plone 3\Data\Products\GroupUserFolder\GRUFUser.py",
line 334, in getGroupRoles groups = acl_users.getGroupIds() # XXX We can
have a cache here
End of upgrade path, migration has finished
The upgrade path did NOT reach current version
Migration has failed
Dry run selected, transaction aborted