[Setup] Re: Upgrade to Plone 3.0 - can't log in

Nick Davis nd51 at leicester.ac.uk
Thu Aug 23 14:26:03 UTC 2007

nhajratw wrote:
> Currently running Plone 2.5.1 on OS X 10.4.9
>
> I took the following steps:
>   * stopped my instance
>   * ran the Plone 3.0 OS X Installer
>   * Copied the 2.5.1 Data.fs to the 3.0 Instance/var directory
>   * started the 3.0 Instance
>   * tried to log in to http://mysite:8080/manage
This sounds like you're trying to log into the ZMI because you put
'manage' on the end.

> When trying to log in to the Management Interface, there are no log errors
> whatsoever.
This sounds like you did get into the ZMI and sounds like the opposite
to what you said earlier. ;-)

> Any ideas what might be happening?

You didn't mention actually going in the ZMI to portal_migration and
actually running the migration to upgrade the site. Without that, I'd
expect to be able to get in via the ZMI, but not get at the Plone site
until after it is migrated. That sounds, reading between the lines, like
the situation you're in.

So is it simply you left out actually doing the migration?

Regards,
Nick

--
Nick Davis