[Setup] Plone doesn't appear in the ZMI

darcihanning darci.hanning at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 18:29:46 UTC 2007

benhanson wrote:

> I've just installed 3.0 on a Windows machine.  I have the same behavior.
> I've found that if I use the Plone Controller app and click the Zope
> Management Interface, it takes me to the full ZMI, however if I click the
> ZMI link from within the Plone Site, it takes me to the root of the Plone
> site in ZMI, and it doesn't show the parent ZMI frame.  Plone controller
> takes me to http://<server>:8080/manage while the Plone ZMI link takes me
> to http://<server>:8080/manage_main

This is the correct behavior and it becomes obvious when you have multiple
plone sites/instances in a single zope instance.

You (may) want the Site Manager of a single Plone instance to have access to
much of the ZMI but  (probably) not the root of the ZMI or the other Plone
instances that show up at the ZMI root.

If you want to access the root of the ZMI then you should start at
http://yoursite:8080/manage.

Cheers,
Darci