[Setup] Taking a Plone site live

Dan Thomas dthomas at ois-online.com
Mon Aug 6 16:42:43 UTC 2007

You'll want to put Apache in front of Plone, for security and convenience.
Apache will run on port 80, and redirect your domain name to the "real"
Zope/Plone location (something like localhost:8080/Plone). There's a lot of
good info on the Plone site about how to do this.

If you've put internal links into your site, you may need to change them to
domain links, or use something like ../../../thisfolder/thiscontent, which
will work regardless of the domain name.

Dan