[Setup] Problem upgrading from 2.14 to 2.53: KeyError: _Real

Dan Thomas dthomas at ois-online.com
Mon Aug 6 05:41:10 UTC 2007

Many thanks to Nick for a thoughtful reply. As it turned out a PloneCal
folder (empty!) was the culprit. I discovered it by exporting each Plone
instance from 2.14 and importing into Plone 2.53 in turn, and one of them
generated the same '_real' error as the migration attempt had. Then I
imported content folders from that one instance, and again got the error on
one folder. Then took a guess that PloneCal in that folder was the cause,
and after confirming it with yet another import, deleted the folder from
Plone 2.14, and a normal migration could proceed. A bit tedious, but it
revealed the defective content.

Dan