[Setup] Re: problem with mac os x intel plone installer

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Mon Apr 16 21:15:52 UTC 2007

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 04:28:13 -0700, Astrid Elkin
<astridelkin at mac.com> wrote:

> I have tryed to install plone on a mac os x version 10.4.9 processor
> 2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo aided by Stuffit expander 11 and I get (when
> clicking on Plone-2.5.1mpkg) the following:
> An error occurred attempting to expand 'Plone-2.5.1mpkg'. A folder was
> specified when a file was required.

I recommend uninstalling Stuffit as soon as you can, that application is
evil and broken (as well as being annoying). I wouldn't be surprised if it
is screwing up this too.

The Unarchiver is the best unpacker for the Mac, and it's free and open
source too:

http://wakaba.c3.cx/s/apps/unarchiver.html

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net