[Setup] Re: Scripting ZOPE/Plone installation

Duncan Mortimer duncan at fmrib.ox.ac.uk
Thu Sep 28 16:38:47 UTC 2006

Thanks for the quick reply, but it fails with a different error! The
following is from a zopectl debug shell...

 >>> import transaction
 >>> from AccessControl.SecurityManagement import newSecurityManager
 >>> adminuser = app.acl_users.getUser('adminuser')
 >>> newSecurityManager(None, adminuser)
 >>> plone_sites_folder = getattr(app, 'plone_sites')
 >>> plone_sites_folder.manage_addProduct['CMFPlone'].manage_addSite
( id='test', title='test', description='test')
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
   File "/home/zope/client0/Products/CMFPlone/Portal.py", line 465,
in manage_addSite
     p = gen.create(self, id.strip(), create_userfolder)
   File "/home/zope/client0/Products/CMFPlone/Portal.py", line 434,
in create
     parent._setObject(id, portal)
   File "/home/zope/zope-2.8/lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py", line
295, in _setObject
     object.manage_fixupOwnershipAfterAdd()
   File "/home/zope/zope-2.8/lib/python/AccessControl/Owned.py", line
257, in manage_fixupOwnershipAfterAdd
     self.changeOwnership(user)
   File "/home/zope/zope-2.8/lib/python/AccessControl/Owned.py", line
147, in changeOwnership
     new=ownerInfo(user)
   File "/home/zope/zope-2.8/lib/python/AccessControl/Owned.py", line
289, in ownerInfo
     db=user.aq_inner.aq_parent
AttributeError: aq_inner

It does create something, as subsequent efforts report...

zExceptions.BadRequest: The id "test" is invalid - it is already in use.

Thanks again.

On 28 Sep 2006, at 17:01, Nick Davis wrote:

> Duncan Mortimer wrote:
>
>> from AccessControl.SecurityManagement import newSecurityManager
>> newSecurityManager(None, 'adminuser')
>> plone_sites_folder.manage_addProduct['CMFPlone'].manage_addSite
>> ( id='cms', title='CMS', description='A CMS')
>
> Here's your bug - you need this instead of your 2cnd line:
>
> adminuser = app.acl_users.getUser('adminuser')
> newSecurityManager(None,adminuser)
>

>> I'd appreciate some help on the matter, and also would like to put
>> in a request for this kind of thing to be documented somewhere -
>> all the sites I can find just talk about using the ZMI!
> This is a problem in general. I personally prefer your approach of
> creating stuff using code, and feel the ZMI can get in the way. I
> feel your pain here. ;-)
>
> You would find DocFinderTab v useful if you've not already got it.
> google for DocFinderTab for more info.

I'll look into that.

Thanks again

Duncan
--
Duncan A B Mortimer DPhil MChem
                 Computing Officer, FMRIB Centre, University of Oxford,
WWW: http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~duncan    email: duncan at fmrib.ox.ac.uk