[Setup] Re: Migration: 2.0.5 -> 2.5 portal_atct recatalog error

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Sep 25 19:28:11 UTC 2006

Tom Stagl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to upgrade from Plone 2.0.5 to Plone 2.5. When trying to migrate
> or when I try to run a ATCT recatalog I get following error (this error
> trace is actually from a recatalog ATCT try, but nearly the same is also
> included, when i try to migrate. I am lost, because i do not know where
> to start debugging. It would be great if someone can help me. Thanks!

I'm not addressing your error specifically but I have a suggestion.
Follow this migration path and you might have better luck.
Plone 2.0.5 -> 2.1.3 and migrate in the ZMI
Then Zope 2.7.x -> 2.8.7
Then Plone 2.1.3->2.5.x and migrate in the ZMI
Then Python 2.3.5->2.4.2+
Then Zope 2.8.7->2.9.3+

Based on what I've seen you can't jump Plone and Zope versions at the
same time, it just has to many potentials for problems so you have to
stagger the jumps to get where you want to go and do plone migrations at
each step.

Alex