[Setup] How De I Edit the Home Page?

beno zope at 2012.vi
Mon Sep 18 08:59:34 UTC 2006

Dale DeWitt wrote:
> Try http://zope-europe.org/scl/2005/12/29/kupufieldwidth/index.html for
> starters.

I have not asked my question well. On the default home page is the
following text block that I would like to edit, but don't know where to go:

If you're seeing this instead of the web site you were expecting, the
owner of this web site has just installed Plone. Do not contact the
Plone Team or the Plone mailing lists about this.

The first thing you should do is to set up your site by visiting the
Site Setup area <plone_control_panel>. Become familiar with Plone by
getting one of the Plone books <http://plone.org/documentation/books>,
and make sure you look at the available add-on products
<http://plone.org/products> and online documentation
<http://plone.org/documentation>.

    Quick Start

Some useful hints if you are new to Plone:

    * Access key + 4 focuses the LiveSearch field - you can start
      writing your search terms straight away, and have all your
      information at your fingertips without leaving the keyboard. For
      information about how to use access keys in your particular
      browser, see the Accessibility page <accessibility-info>.
    * Plone will automatically be displayed in the language your browser
      asks for. If you need more control over languages in Plone,
      install Plone Language Tool from the Site Setup
      <plone_control_panel>. If you need to maintain your content in
      multiple languages, download LinguaPlone
      <http://plone.org/products/linguaplone>.
    * Workflow states are color coded if you are logged in, so it is
      easy to keep track of content security and visibility. Try the
      Site Map with color coding for a visual security inspection of
      your site!
    * If you prefer working with pure HTML, Structured Text or
      ReStructured Text markup instead of using a visual editor, you can
      disable it in your preferences <plone_memberprefs_panel>.

    More information

For more information on Plone:

The Plone Open Source Content Management System website <http://plone.org>

What's new in Plone 2.1 <http://plone.org/documentation/whatsnew/2.1>

Plone documentation <http://plone.org/documentation>

Plone add-on products <http://plone.org/products>

Available Plone books <http://plone.org/documentation/books> (recommended!)

Server recommendations for Plone
<http://plone.org/documentation/faq/server-recommendations>

Plone is based on the Zope application server, and uses the Python
programming language. More about these technologies:

Zope community <http://www.zope.org>

Python website <http://www.python.org>

Are you doing something interesting with Plone? Big site deployments,
interesting use cases? Tell us about it <mailto:pr at plone.org>!

Thanks for using our product!

— The Plone Team <http://plone.org/about/team>

TIA,