[Setup] Re: Product installs, Kupu calls, Konqueror stalls

Harry Mangalam hjm at tacgi.com
Sat Sep 16 20:48:45 UTC 2006

Thanks very, Kamal, Stefan & Maurits

On Friday 15 September 2006 15:05, Kamal Gill wrote:
> Harry,
>
> For Quills, IIRC, you'll need to change the name of the folder from
> 'Quills-1.5RC3' to 'Quills'

The problem was that I assumed that like the other products, Quills
was a single product, but in fact, the distro tarball includes a
number of packages required (?) for it.  So even renaming it didn't
work.  I needed to unpack the included packages (basesyndication/
fatsyndication/  plonetrackback/  Quills/  RPCAuth/) at the Product
level.  there was no file in there to indicate that to a newbie such
as myself, so I assumed that like the other Products, you just stuck
the top level dir in the Products dir.

Living and Learning...

> For the admin password, use the Zope Management Interface to change
> the pw, as you won't see a "Change Password" link for the admin
> (superuser) account's preferences.  Non-admin (i.e. regular Plone
> accounts) passwords can be reset in Preferences -> Change Password
>
> To change the admin pw, visit http://localhost:8080/acl_users/
> manage_main , click "Users", then click "Password"
>
> HTH,

YES!! That did it.  thanks very much .  Now off to figure out what's
happened to kupu..