[Setup] Re: Product installs, Kupu calls, Konqueror stalls

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Fri Sep 15 21:56:13 UTC 2006

Harry Mangalam, on 2006-09-15:
> drwxr-xr-x  7 plone root 4096 2006-08-29 18:45 Quills-1.5RC3/

Renaming that to plain 'Quills' _might_ do the trick.

> No Quills-related entries show up in the Zope Control Panel either.

Given the directory name above I can imagine that there is
Quills-1.5RC3 Product in there, but then I can't imagine that you
would have overlooked that. ;-)

>> I guess you haven't yet set the personal preferences for this user.
>> Go to preferences, then click Personal Preferences.  This page has
>> a selection box for Content editor where you can select either
>> kupu, FCKeditor or a basic editor.  That should work.
>
> This has been done for the admin, and two other users who I added.
> None of them has access to the editors, tho you can see that the
> preferences for them in each user's login.  This is quite odd.

Indeed.  No further bright ideas here.

That would be at http://localhost:[port number]/acl_users/manage

>> For normal users there is a "Change Password" link in the
>> preferences of that user.
>
> Not in my site there isn't (as a normal user).  This is begining to
> feel like a required chunk of functionality was left out of the
> installation, but my server log is clean..

Hm, did you already post a list of what versions you are using?
Versions of python, Zope, Plone.  For Plone: are you using a tar file
or a subversion checkout or maybe a package specifically for your
Linux distribution?  Which one specifically?  Are you using PlonePAS
for user management? LDAP maybe?

For the moment I am just as puzzled as you. ;-)

--
Maurits van Rees | http://maurits.vanrees.org/ [NL]
            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/