[Setup] Product installs, Kupu calls, Konqueror stalls

Harry Mangalam hjm at tacgi.com
Thu Sep 14 17:19:41 UTC 2006

Hi,
Caution: newbie questions, tho they seem not to have been FAQed yet.

I just installed the zope/plone combo src distro direct from plone.org
on a Kubuntu AMD64 Linux. This is Plone 2.5 & Zope   It comes up OK
and seems to work.  However, when adding new products, some don't
appear in the Zope admin page, primarily the Quills blogging pkg,
which was installed along with zwiki and FAQulator, both of which
showed up immediately.  Is there a special install approach for this
pkg? (Yes, I restarted zope multiple times since installing the
packages)

Also, altho it's obviously installed (as part of the default) I
haven't yet come across a composition page which invokes Kupu or the
FCKeditor (which seems to have installed fine - I can set prefs, see
it installed in the Products page). Is there some kind of config
magic that needs to be invoked to call these into being?  Dancing
girls?  Goat sacrifice?  I'd love to try them (the editors).  There's
no sign of them in the zwiki, the page composer, nor any page that I
would expect to see this great composer.

Also, when using Konqueror to access the Plone pages, I get complete
CPU utilization by the Konq browser related to the plone pages.  This
doesn't happen with Opera or Firefox.  Is this known or should I file
a bug report?

Also, and this is REALLY a newbie question, but where do you change
your password?  Not in Personal Preferences that I can see.  I see
that you can request a new, completely unguessable, completely
unmemorable password to be sent to you by email, but if I know my
password && I've logged in && I want to change it to something else,
is it possible to do that?

--
Harry Mangalam - Research Computing at NACS, E2148, Engineering Gateway,
UC Irvine 92697  949 824 0084(o), 949 285 4487(c)
harry.mangalam at uci.edu

--
Cheers, Harry
Harry J Mangalam - 949 856 2847(o) 949 285 4487(c) (email for fax)