[Setup] Re: Error message from Plone

Todd Reed Todd.Reed at pphsso.org
Mon Oct 23 19:55:54 UTC 2006

Setup list,

I¹ve set up Plone on a MacMini running OS X 10.4.8. This is a PPC MacMini.
The Plone version is below.

The problem I¹m having is that some systems on the local network cannot
access the default website. The problem does not show up in the Zope error
logs which show normal site access requests from the system involved.

At first, only my workstation could browse the Plone server, however, the
problem seems to have resolved for most hosts so that only a few now cannot
browse the Plone site. When the problem occurs, the browser gets the
following message.

> Site Error
>
> An error was encountered while publishing this resource.
>
> Resource not found
> Sorry, the requested resource does not exist.
>
> Check the URL and try again.
>
> Resource: plone GET

Again, there is no excetions in the error log for the above request. I don¹t
see any ways to alter the relationship of Plone to network browsers in the
Zope or site setup configuration. The browsing machine is using the Plone
systems¹s IP # at port 8080, the default setup.

I¹m not sure what could be preventing systems from browsing. Any suggestions
appreciated.

Todd Reed

Plone version overview
Plone 2.5,
Zope (Zope 2.9.3-, python 2.4.3, darwin),
Python 2.4.3 (#1, Jun 19 2006, 07:47:54) [GCC 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc.
build 5332)],
PIL 1.1.5

You are running in "production mode".