[Setup] Re: Plone Site not listed in ZMI

Nick Davis nd51 at le.ac.uk
Fri Oct 13 09:21:19 UTC 2006

Tony Edwardson wrote:
> Yes, I tried it with and without the Five folder - it made no difference

Tony,
   Couple of thoughts:

Totally obvious, but, check the permissions on the CMFPlone folder.

Also edit zope.conf to make sure you're in debug mode (it'll run slower
but at this stage you want debug mode).

Check the event.log to see if it broke trying to pull in CMFPlone when
starting up.

Note this fact which can mess up experienced people as well as newbies:
when Zope starts up not in debug mode, if a product is broken Zope will
ignore it and continue, and "product" includes Plone.

Are you pointing at the right python? I don't know about Solaris 2.8 but
if you had to build your own python later than the OS python are you
pointing at that and is it built correctly?

As for using Solaris - do you absolutely have to? Life would be a bit
easier on Linux I suspect.

Regards,

Nick

--