[Setup] help - I meet difficulties to migrate my plone instance 2.1.3 to file system version 2.5.1

Christophe DUFOURD christophe.dufourd at club-internet.fr
Thu Oct 12 10:05:47 UTC 2006

Hi Plone Team,

My name is Christophe DUFOURD. I'm from Paris.

I'm Grosse Caisse website initiator - indie electro pop rock webtv &
webradio - http://www.grosse-caisse.com/

I've been working with plone for 1 year and a half.

Today, I meet difficulties to migrate my plone instance 2.1.3 to file system
version 2.5.1.

When I click "upgrade" to bring this Plone Zope version up to date with your
file system, I've got the message below :

Starting the migration from version: 2.1.3

Attempting to upgrade from: 2.1.3

Installed CMFPlacefulWorkflow.

Upgrade to: 2.5-alpha1, completed

Attempting to upgrade from: 2.5-alpha1

Upgrade aborted

Error type: exceptions.AttributeError

Error value: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'setMemberProperties'

File "/home/zope/dev-plone251-gc/Products/CMFPlone/MigrationTool.py", line
307, in upgrade newv, msgs = self._upgrade(newv)

File "/home/zope/dev-plone251-gc/Products/CMFPlone/MigrationTool.py", line
404, in _upgrade res = function(self.aq_parent)

File
"/home/zope/dev-plone251-gc/Products/CMFPlone/migrations/v2_5/alphas.py",
line 24, in alpha1_alpha2 installPlonePAS(portal, out)

File
"/home/zope/dev-plone251-gc/Products/CMFPlone/migrations/v2_5/alphas.py",
line 43, in installPlonePAS installOrReinstallProduct(portal, 'PlonePAS',
out)

File
"/home/zope/dev-plone251-gc/Products/CMFPlone/migrations/migration_util.py",
line 82, in installOrReinstallProduct qi.installProduct(product_name)

File
"/home/zope/dev-plone251-gc/Products/CMFQuickInstallerTool/QuickInstallerToo
l.py", line 322, in installProduct res=install(portal)

File
"/usr/local/zope/zope295/lib/python/Products/ExternalMethod/ExternalMethod.p
y", line 225, in __call__ try: return f(*args, **kw)

File "/home/zope/dev-plone251-gc/Products/PlonePAS/Extensions/Install.py",
line 851, in install restoreUserData(portal, out, userdata)

File "/home/zope/dev-plone251-gc/Products/PlonePAS/Extensions/Install.py",
line 332, in restoreUserData mtool.addMember(*u[:-1])

File "/home/zope/dev-plone251-gc/Products/PlonePAS/tools/membership.py",
line 67, in addMember member.setMemberProperties(properties)

End of upgrade path, migration has finished

The upgrade path did NOT reach current version

Migration has failed

I think I can understand what's wrong.

I can't convert users I created in a python script I personnaly wrote and
which work perfectly in plone 2.1.3/

membership_tool = getToolByName(context, 'portal_membership')

userid = membership_tool.getAuthenticatedMember()

if userid.has_role('Manager'):

    # grosse caisse

    groupname = context.getId()

    grouptitle = context.Title()

    group = context.portal_groups.getGroupById(groupname)

    if group:

        group.setProperties(title=grouptitle)

    else:

        # Création du groupe

        context.portal_groups.addGroup(groupname,)

        group = context.portal_groups.getGroupById(groupname)

        group.setProperties(name=groupname,title=grouptitle)

        # Création du user

        username = context.art_login

        usr = membership_tool.getMemberById(username)

        if usr:

            status = ""

        else:

            password = "grossecaisse"

            fullname = context.art_contact_nom

            email = "contact at grosse-caisse.com"

            status = ""

            props = {"username": username, "fullname": fullname, "password":
password, "email": email}

context.portal_registration.addMember(username,password,roles=('Member',),do
mains="",properties=props)

            group.addMember(username)

        membership_tool.createMemberArea(username)

        homeFolder=context.portal_membership.getHomeFolder(username)

        # create subfolders agenda, actualite, radio, tv

        wf_tool = getToolByName(context, 'portal_workflow')

        mygroup = group.id

        group_ids = [mygroup]

        membership_tool.setLocalRoles(context, group_ids,'Artist')

        member_ids = [username]

        membership_tool.setLocalRoles(homeFolder, member_ids,'Owner')

I checked my code carefully and compared it with others examples.

I didn't found anything wrong.

I've spend many days to find a solution with no results.

What is wrong with these users !!

I would like you to help me on this problem.

Thanx very much.

Regards,

Christophe DUFOURD for Grosse Caisse - http://www.grosse-caisse.com/