[Setup] Re: Plone upgrade problem

Nick Davis nd51 at le.ac.uk
Wed Oct 4 10:21:33 UTC 2006

Jason Githeko wrote:

> The problem is that, it was not upgrade glacefully.  When I copy the
> old database into the new Plone/Data/Var folder, it gives an error
> "AttributeError" when I try to open the site.
First you need to go to the ZMI and go to portal_migration. You can't
access the Plone site until you have done that.

More info here :  http://plone.org/documentation/migration/2.1

(that document is for 2.1 but migrating in 2.5 is not much different as
long as you users are in Plone not in LDAP)

> There was very little customisation - only the site title and logo had
> been changed.
That should make things straightforward.

HTH

Nick

--
Nick Davis