[Setup] Re: How do I make the FCKeditor the default editor for every user?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Oct 3 10:34:01 UTC 2006

Alexander Limi wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 13:08:47 -0700, Reinout van Rees
> <reinout at vanrees.org> wrote:
>
>> I've got some. It's from before you joined Zest, Maurits :-)
>>
>> Below code is from an external method, it was placed as
>> 'switchToKupu.py' inside a product's 'Extensions/' directory. Ah, and of
>> course you should change kupu to fck: this was for moving users from
>> Epoz to Kupu :-)
>
> Thanks!
>
> I added it to:
> http://plone.org/documentation/tutorial/manipulating-plone-objects-programmatically/users

Thanks that script works well, it's funny though I just noticed that a
similar script is in FCK editor called updateFckUsers.py
It doesn't appear to run automatically or be mentioned anywhere - so you
would need to call it via the same external method way and know that
it's there. I'm curious though to compare the code and see which is
better. Maybe I'll get to that this week.

Alex