[Setup] Setting up plone as a corporate site

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Mon Nov 20 17:03:22 UTC 2006

Seth Mohs wrote:

> Does anyone know of a how-to or documentation on setting up plone for a
> corporate site. Basically I want a public site with no comments, log ins,
> etc and a CMS site that employees can log into and manage the content on
> the
> public site.

There is lots of information on plone.org/documentation :)

You probably want the how-tos on "closing the site", by removing the Join
link (and the login link if you wish). Comments you can turn off
per-content-type in potral_types in the ZMI. Out of the box, Plone does not
distinguish between the "editing site" and the "public site", which tends to
be easier for users to get to grips with, but there's a tutorial on setting
up a "staged site" if you so wish. You probably also want to read the
"putting a new look on Plone" tutorial to create a custom skin.

Martin