[Setup] Re: Re: Problem with members search after migration to 2.5.1

Marc Van Coillie marc.van.coillie at eife-l.org
Mon Nov 20 08:45:49 UTC 2006

Hi,
I've got this error also:
"TypeError: iteration over non-sequence"
When I've done my first attempt to migrate from 2.1.4 to 2.5.1, it seems to
be related to bad member metadata, I've just post in this how I've migrated
(using an another step to deploy PlonePas1.3 on my Plone2.1.4 instance to
check that all the member metadatas are moved correctly from Gruf to
PlonePas).
So I've been obliged to delete or change the types of some of these
metadatas (due to unused products, advanced types like multiple selection,
selection and lines). Selection types have been changed to 'string'.
To see the value of the metadata before to delete them I'm using this short
script:

from Products.PythonScripts.standard import html_quote
request = container.REQUEST
RESPONSE =  request.RESPONSE
print "User Name;location;occupation;interests;timezone"
for m in context.portal_membership.listMembers():
     print "%s;" %m.getUserName(),"%s;" %m.getProperty('location'),"%s;"
%m.getProperty('occupation'),"%s;" %m.getProperty('interests'),"%s;"
%m.getProperty('timezone')
return printed

With some metadatas the result of the script is not printed correctly on the
screen (no carriage return) so in that case I've suppressed the metadata
which give this print out error (don't tell me why I'm not an expert in
plone and python design development)...
Anyway after this cleaning in the member properties I've been able to
migrate correclty and don't see again this error when I'm searching for
Members information or trying to login :-).
(Now I've got other errors but related to browser support with Plone2.5.1
:-( )

Last point: this cleaning has been done before migration and install of
PlonePas 1.3, I don't think that it can change something after migration so
I guess that you need to go back to your previous instance and plone version
and try again...

Hope this can help you.
Marc