[Setup] Re: Re: Migration Plone 2.1.4 to Plone 2.5.1

Marc Van Coillie marc.van.coillie at eife-l.org
Mon Nov 20 08:30:24 UTC 2006

Hello, I'm responding to myself, here the steps I've followed to migrate
properly from 2.1.4 to 2.5.1 (and using PlonePas1.3 before to move to
Plone2.5.1 and PlonePas2.1):

- Installing PlonePas 1.3 on Plone2.1 is not so easy, please follow this
tips to modify some files in PlonePas 1.3
http://plone.org/products/plonepas/issues/15 (I've used these releases of
the products, except for PasswordResetTool, I've used the last one 0.4.1).
- Before to install PlonePas 2.1, take a look at your member-metadata, I've
suppressed all unused metadata (related to deprecated products like
CMFBoard), as well as all metadata using Lines type, all metadata using
selection have been changed to string.
- Backup your data.fs database (of course)
- Install PlonePas (try to login and search in the Members section to see if
everything is correct)
After that move your Data.fs in a zope instance with Plone2.5.1 and all the
other products you are using and that's it.
I've just need to delete the plone login portlet related to my skin in order
to use the plone default one.

To see if the memberdata are migrated correclty (and also before migration
to see all metadata not really used) I'm using a very simple script (but
very usefull in my case):

from Products.PythonScripts.standard import html_quote
request = container.REQUEST
RESPONSE =  request.RESPONSE
print "User Name;location;occupation;interests;timezone"
for m in context.portal_membership.listMembers():
     print "%s;" %m.getUserName(),"%s;" %m.getProperty('location'),"%s;"
%m.getProperty('occupation'),"%s;" %m.getProperty('interests'),"%s;"
%m.getProperty('timezone')
return printed

(of course replace here the property by the property you want to see)

Hope this can help somebody else.
Marc