[Setup] Problem with members search after migration to 2.5.1

Dave Fregon dave at netaxxs.com.au
Wed Nov 15 23:09:01 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 18:01 +0100, Zanotti Michele wrote:
>   Module Products.PageTemplates.ZRPythonExpr, line 47, in __call__
>    - __traceback_info__: (searchstring or findAll) and mtool.searchForMembers(name=searchstring) or []
>   Module Python expression "(searchstring or findAll) and mtool.searchForMembers(name=searchstring) or []", line 1, in <expression>
>   Module Products.PlonePAS.tools.membership, line 190, in searchForMembers
>   Module Products.CMFPlone.MembershipTool, line 321, in listMembers
>   Module Products.PlonePAS.pas, line 272, in getUsers
>   Module Products.PlonePAS.plugins.user, line 131, in getUsers
>   Module Products.PluggableAuthService.PluggableAuthService, line 223, in getUserById
>   Module Products.PluggableAuthService.PluggableAuthService, line 719, in _findUser
>   Module Products.PlonePAS.plugins.property, line 164, in getPropertiesForUser
>   Module Products.PluggableAuthService.UserPropertySheet, line 109, in __init__
> TypeError: iteration over non-sequence
> Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

I too have had this problem in 2 sites so far, I posted to the Plone
Users list with no reply, and the ozzope list ..

It appears this issue has something to do with properties on users
not being found, I can do a search in the ZMI acl_users not a problem,
but something in the membership data I think is breaking stuff when
calling via plone tools etc, where maybe properties are missing on
users, I'm just guessing as this new PAS is rather a black box for me
atm. I have mutable_properties enabled in acl_users.plugins for what
that's worth .. I presume the users do not have properties that are
being looked for, but darned if I can work it out what they should be,
or how to fix :\

In one of the sites I just ended up moving the content into a fresh
Plone in the same zope instance, and losing the Members ... in the other
site, with over 4000 users, I'm kinda stuck.

Any ideas where to look or stuff to try with regard troubleshooting this
issue?

Dave

--
NetAxxs