[Setup] Problem with members search after migration to 2.5.1

Zanotti Michele Michele.Zanotti at apss.tn.it
Wed Nov 15 17:01:56 UTC 2006

Hi all,
i'm tryng to upgrade my plone instance from 2.1.2 to 2.5.1 (Zope 2.9.5 on Windows). I have an oddity and a problem. The oddity is that before a dry run I have:
Instance version 2.1.2
Filesystem version 2.1.5
and after the dry run I have:
Instance version 2.5.alpha1
Filesystem version 2.1.5.

So seems to me that dry run modify the zodb.
Anyway if I redo an upgrade (without checking dry-run, this time!) everything works except members administration: if I search for memeber I have an
Error Type
TypeError
Error Value
iteration over non-sequence
Request made at
2006/11/15 17:49:57.016 GMT+1
Traceback (innermost last):
  Module Products.CMFFormController.FSControllerPageTemplate, line 96, in __call__
  Module Products.CMFFormController.BaseControllerPageTemplate, line 39, in _call
  Module Products.CMFFormController.ControllerBase, line 245, in getNext
   - __traceback_info__: ['id = prefs_users_overview', 'status = success', 'button=FindAll', 'errors={}', 'context=<PloneSite at apss>', 'kwargs={}', 'next_action=None', '']
  Module Products.CMFFormController.Actions.TraverseTo, line 36, in __call__
  Module Products.CMFFormController.FSControllerPageTemplate, line 96, in __call__
  Module Products.CMFFormController.BaseControllerPageTemplate, line 42, in _call
  Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 348, in _bindAndExec
  Module Products.CMFCore.FSPageTemplate, line 195, in _exec
  Module Products.CMFCore.FSPageTemplate, line 134, in pt_render
  Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplate, line 104, in pt_render
   - <FSControllerPageTemplate at /apss/prefs_users_overview>
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 238, in __call__
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 749, in do_useMacro
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 457, in do_optTag_tal
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 442, in do_optTag
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 437, in no_tag
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 749, in do_useMacro
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 457, in do_optTag_tal
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 442, in do_optTag
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 437, in no_tag
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 772, in do_defineSlot
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 457, in do_optTag_tal
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 442, in do_optTag
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 437, in no_tag
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 772, in do_defineSlot
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 715, in do_condition
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 507, in do_setLocal_tal
  Module Products.PageTemplates.TALES, line 221, in evaluate
   - Line 91, Column 8
   - Expression: <PythonExpr (searchstring or findAll) and mtool.searchForMembers(name=searchstring) or []>
   - Names:
      {'container': <PloneSite at /apss>,
       'context': <PloneSite at /apss>,
       'default': <Products.PageTemplates.TALES.Default instance at 0x017230A8>,
       'here': <PloneSite at /apss>,
       'loop': <Products.PageTemplates.TALES.SafeMapping object at 0x066E08F0>,
       'modules': <Products.PageTemplates.ZRPythonExpr._SecureModuleImporter instance at 0x016F9530>,
       'nothing': None,
       'options': {'args': (),
                   'state': <Products.CMFFormController.ControllerState.ControllerState object at 0x065CD670>},
       'repeat': <Products.PageTemplates.TALES.SafeMapping object at 0x066E08F0>,
       'request': <HTTPRequest, URL=http://172.21.201.142:8080/apss/prefs_users_overview>,
       'root': <Application at >,
       'template': <FSControllerPageTemplate at /apss/prefs_users_overview>,
       'traverse_subpath': [],
       'user': <PropertiedUser 'ZopManager'>}
  Module Products.PageTemplates.ZRPythonExpr, line 47, in __call__
   - __traceback_info__: (searchstring or findAll) and mtool.searchForMembers(name=searchstring) or []
  Module Python expression "(searchstring or findAll) and mtool.searchForMembers(name=searchstring) or []", line 1, in <expression>
  Module Products.PlonePAS.tools.membership, line 190, in searchForMembers
  Module Products.CMFPlone.MembershipTool, line 321, in listMembers
  Module Products.PlonePAS.pas, line 272, in getUsers
  Module Products.PlonePAS.plugins.user, line 131, in getUsers
  Module Products.PluggableAuthService.PluggableAuthService, line 223, in getUserById
  Module Products.PluggableAuthService.PluggableAuthService, line 719, in _findUser
  Module Products.PlonePAS.plugins.property, line 164, in getPropertiesForUser
  Module Products.PluggableAuthService.UserPropertySheet, line 109, in __init__
TypeError: iteration over non-sequence
Can anyone help me to solve this problem?
Thanks
Michele