[Setup] Re: limit content of events portlet

Raphael Ritz r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de
Fri Nov 10 12:08:20 UTC 2006

Raik Gruenberg schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> I am running a wiki for our research lab and just added a folder for
> collecting Conference events. Naturally those events also show up in the
> Events portlet of the portal (nice!) but I think it is getting too
> crowded with for example conferences that are still one year away.
>
> How can I limit the items in the events portlet to either a fixed number
> or, much better, to items that are not more than 3 months away. I tried
> to change the settings of the Events smartfolder but that doesn't affect
> the events portlet it seems.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> BTW, the same goes for the news portlet: There are not many news on our
> site and I would prefer not to have a 6 months old article in the 'News'
> box. Kind of defies the idea, doesn't it ;-)?

[such a question should go to plone-user, btw]

As of now, the portlets do a search for the items to display from
within their templates right away. So you have to customize the
respective templates and adjust the catalog search therein to
fit your needs (like restricting number of items to show or
adding some condition on modified ...)

Raphael