[Setup] Re: Exclude from Breadcrums?

Nick Davis nd51 at le.ac.uk
Wed Nov 8 13:53:29 UTC 2006

smoove_e wrote:

> “Exclude from Navigation” in the Properties configuration of a folder
> may exclude the listing from the Navigation portlet, but how can objects
> be removed from the breadcrumb listing?
>
> Although a user will receive a logon page for areas they are not able to
> access, it would be nice to restrict this type of navigation altogether
> within the CMS.
>

> Am I missing something obvious here?

If an anonymous user can't get to the content without logging in ,
surely that means they will never see any breadcrumbs containing that
object unless they log in first, and then only when specifically viewing
that object. So I don't quite see the problem here.... ;-)

If you just want to switch off breadcrumbs entirely for your site, you
could simply switch if off in the stylesheet with something like:
#portal-breadcrumbs {
    display : None;
}

HTH