[Setup] Re: Plone 2.5.1 with LDAP

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Mon Nov 6 12:31:50 UTC 2006

Reinout van Rees, on 2006-11-02:
> plone 2.5 uses PAS (pluggable authentication system). LDAPUserFolder is
> for the "old" way, you'll need an LDAP pas plugin now.

Actually, you still need LDAPUserFolder.  But you also need
LDAPMultiPlugins, possibly with the patch from antiloop.plone.org
which that how-to mentions.  If the how-to does not mention that, then
there is another how-to or tutorial on plone.org that you need to
find. :)

If you see users in the ZMI but don't see them in Plone, then in the
ZMI you need to check if the ldap plugin is listed for the correct
plugin interfaces in acl_users/plugins.

And you need to check if the mapping of attributes between Plone and
LDAP is correct.  I think lone at least needs/wants to get a fullname
and email from ldap.

--
Maurits van Rees | http://maurits.vanrees.org/ [NL]
            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/