[Setup] Users without passwords - possible?

Rob Hills rhills at medimorphosis.com.au
Sun Nov 5 15:42:25 UTC 2006

Hi All,

I am building a site for someone who wishes to:

1.  Have the site administrator moderate all user signups

2.  Prevent any logins (except for the site administrator)

3.  Use the member list to manage subscriptions for newsletters,
invitations to events etc.

4.  Not have to bother with passwords for these users.

I've followed http://plone.org/documentation/how-to/closing-site to stop
the normal signup and login process.  However, I'm not sure how to
proceed with the other steps.

Would it be possible for me to subclass members and modify the subclass
in such a way that member instances would not be able to login (if they
happened to find the login URL) but would still be available as targets
of emails (newsletters, invitations etc)?

Any thoughts/suggestions would be much appreciated

Rob Hills
Waikiki, Western Australia