[Setup] Re: Plone 2.5.1 with LDAP

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Thu Nov 2 16:27:03 UTC 2006

Muhamad Abdulkadir wrote:
> Dear all,
> Does anyone know a page in the Internet or in Plone website
> that explain how to use LDAP in Plone?
> I've read
> http://plone.org/documentation/how-to/ldap-authentication-with-plone
> and after I configure LDAP info via ZMI,
> I've been able to search users from ZMI | Plone site |
> portal setup | acl_users, via LDAPUserFolder.
> However, when I did searching users from Plone site
> (site setup, User and Group Administration, and then search)
> I could not get any user.

plone 2.5 uses PAS (pluggable authentication system). LDAPUserFolder is
for the "old" way, you'll need an LDAP pas plugin now.

That should give you enough google and plone.org search options :-)

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees                       r.van.rees @ zestsoftware.nl
http://vanrees.org/weblog/                  http://zestsoftware.nl/