[Setup] install plone error "Error Value: stat() argument 1 must be"

Alan Runyan alan at enfoldsystems.com
Sat May 27 16:42:07 UTC 2006

try the 2.5 beta 2 installer from http://www.enfoldsystems.com/downloads.html

-----Original Message-----
From: setup-bounces at lists.plone.org on behalf of Jack Lu
Sent: Sat 5/27/2006 1:42 AM
To: setup at lists.plone.org
Subject: [Setup] install plone error "Error Value: stat() argument 1 must be"

I am a new to plone.Following the installation instruction,I tried
serveral times to install plone on my winxp sp2 box ,but failed.
One time with python2.3.5+zope2.8.6+plone2.1.2,and the other with
python2.4.3+zope2.9.3+plone2.5 beta2.
ZMI worked well,but when useing ZMI to add a plone site,it meet the
following error:
Site Error
Error Type: TypeError
Error Value: stat() argument 1 must be (encoded string without NULL bytes), not str

Is there a problem with my winxp's configuration?
What can I do to fix this?
Thanks.

Jack

Here is the postinstall.log
2006-05-27T13:53:35 ERROR Zope.SiteErrorLog http://localhost:8080/manage_addProduct/CMFPlone/addPloneSite
Traceback (innermost last):
  Module Products.CMFPlone.factory, line 44, in addPloneSite
  Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 248, in runAllImportSteps
   - __traceback_info__: profile-CMFPlone:plone
  Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 716, in _doRunImportStep
   - __traceback_info__: plone_various
  Module Products.CMFPlone.setuphandlers, line 196, in importVarious
  Module Products.CMFPlone.setuphandlers, line 25, in installProducts
  Module Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool.QuickInstallerTool, line 322, in installProduct
   - __traceback_info__: ('Archetypes',)
  Module Products.ExternalMethod.ExternalMethod, line 225, in __call__
   - __traceback_info__: ((<PloneSite at /plone>,), {}, (None, 1))
  Module C:\Zope-Instance\Products\Archetypes\Extensions\Install.py, line 15, in install
  Module Products.Archetypes.Extensions.utils, line 449, in setupArchetypes
  Module Products.Archetypes.Extensions.utils, line 51, in install_dependencies
  Module Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool.QuickInstallerTool, line 322, in installProduct
   - __traceback_info__: ('MimetypesRegistry',)
  Module Products.ExternalMethod.ExternalMethod, line 225, in __call__
   - __traceback_info__: ((<PloneSite at /plone>,), {}, None)
  Module C:\Zope-Instance\Products\MimetypesRegistry\Extensions\Install.py, line 24, in install
  Module Products.CMFCore.utils, line 631, in manage_addTool
  Module Products.MimetypesRegistry.MimeTypesRegistry, line 102, in __init__
  Module Products.MimetypesRegistry.mime_types, line 13, in initialize
  Module Products.MimetypesRegistry.mime_types.py_mimetypes, line 72, in initialize
  Module Products.MimetypesRegistry.MimeTypeItem, line 32, in __init__
  Module Products.MimetypesRegistry.MimeTypeItem, line 108, in guess_icon_path
  Module ntpath, line 256, in exists
TypeError: stat() argument 1 must be (encoded string without NULL bytes), not str