[Setup] Re: LDAPUserFolder not available in Sources

Nick Davis nd51 at le.ac.uk
Tue May 23 08:03:28 UTC 2006

Mr. Mark Daniel wrote:

> I downloaded and dropped LDAPUF into my zope/lib/products folder and
> restarted Zope, but no love...
Surely you mean your zope instance's Products directory - where Plone
and all other products are copied to?
Maybe that is your problem.....

 > when I hit the Sources tab in ZMI under
> my plone site's LDAP Wizard, it says that I don't have LDAPUserFolder
> installed. This server has plone 2.1.2, python 2.4.3 and zope 2.9.3
> installed, as well as py-ldap (all of which compiled and installed
> without error).
You can double-check that python-ldap installed properly by doing an
'import ldap' in python. If python_ldap isn't installed, the products
can fail to show.
The section on LDAP in the 'Plone Live' book is very helpful BTW.

I assume you're definitely running in debug mode to ensure it'll
helpfully puke if anything is wrong at start up.

Hope that helps,
Nick

--
Nick Davis