[Setup] Error Creating a site

6beryeti 6beryeti at gmail.com
Wed May 17 10:43:58 UTC 2006

Hi everybody,

Since some days, I try to evaluate Zope and Plone for a use in a support
team for software people.
By the way, I find it is a great tool, but I have a big problem.

I've just installed the tool.
Then, I go to the ZMI and want to add a site.
I am here :
  Plone Site at  /

So I select "Plone Site" on the scrolling list and "Add"
Then I set the three field (Id, Title and Description) with the same
string (Support).

After clicking on Add Plone Site, I have the message below.

I don't understand what's wrong ?

FYI, I have installed Plone 2.1.2 from the Windows Installer (with
Python and Zope included), on a Win XP Machine.
I use a Firefox Browser (1.5.0.3)

Thanks for your help
Best Regards

Site Error

AssertionError
Sorry, a site error occurred.

Traceback (innermost last):

     * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 175, in publish_module_standard
     * Module Products.PlacelessTranslationService.PatchStringIO, line
51, in new_publish
     * Module Zope.App.startup, line 204, in zpublisher_exception_hook
     * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
     * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
     * Module Products.CMFPlone.Portal, line 465, in manage_addSite
     * Module Products.CMFPlone.Portal, line 437, in create
     * Module Products.CMFPlone.Portal, line 394, in setupPlone
     * Module Products.CMFPlone.MigrationTool, line 274, in upgrade
     * Module Products.CMFPlone.MigrationTool, line 371, in _upgrade
     * Module Products.CMFPlone.migrations.v2_1.alphas, line 65, in
two05_alpha1
     * Module Products.CMFPlone.migrations.v2_1.alphas, line 273, in
installATContentTypes
     * Module Products.CMFPlone.migrations.migration_util, line 79, in
installOrReinstallProduct
     * Module Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool.QuickInstallerTool, line
317, in installProduct
       __traceback_info__: ('ATContentTypes',)
     * Module Products.ExternalMethod.ExternalMethod, line 225, in __call__
       __traceback_info__: ((<PloneSite instance at 03883FB0>,),
{'reinstall': False}, None)
     * Module C:\Program
Files\Plone_2.1.2\Data\Products\ATContentTypes\Extensions\Install.py,
line 78, in install

AssertionError: (Also, an error occurred while attempting to render the
standard error message.)

Troubleshooting Suggestions

     * The URL may be incorrect.
     * The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
     * A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an error.

For more detailed information about the error, please refer to error log.

If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank you for
your patience.