[Setup] Re: Twiki and Plone - migration?

Nick Davis nd51 at le.ac.uk
Thu May 11 14:34:29 UTC 2006

Cátia Neto wrote:

> There is a problem, though ...how can I migrate a great amount of
> information from twiki to plone? What is the best way to do this?
>
> Thanks
> Sofia Neto

Sofia,
   I don't know if this helps much, but it seems to me you could:

1. Decide how you want to arrange your data in Plone, using Plone (AT)
content types such as ATDocument, ATFolder, ATEvent etc etc, maybe even
ZWiki pages, and/or your own custom content types.

2. Write python code to construct such objects using data extracted from
your TWiki site. This code could run as a batch job, or number of batch
jobs, called with zopectl run.

This is quite a big task. Automating it this way would make it easier.
You would have to learn a lot of things at once (probably most of us
users of plone face that though). It would be very educational in terms
of learning the underlying classes that make up Plone. In some ways I
think such a bottom-up approach is a better way to learn Plone, than the
  random all-at-once way most people learn it. ;-)

Regards
Nick