[Setup] Priviliges, security and folder access

Bastien Gauthier GBastien at commune.Sambreville.be
Fri May 5 07:11:44 UTC 2006

Give the Owner role instead of Manager to the group of users...

After that, click on that "restrict" link under "add item"...

The problem is the fact that by default, the "add item" box restriction is set on "use site default" or "use parent folder setting", select "select manually" and select every types you need in the "addable types" list (ctrl + click) and in the "preferred types" list...

Have a good end of day... ;-)

BASTIEN Gauthier
Service Informatique - Administration Communale de Sambreville
071/260.247
http://www.sambreville.be

-----Message d'origine-----
De : setup-bounces at lists.plone.org [mailto:setup-bounces at lists.plone.org] De la part de Hussam Ahmad
Envoyé : vendredi 5 mai 2006 8:50
À : Stefan H. Holek
Cc : setup at lists.plone.org
Objet : RE: [Setup] Priviliges, security and folder access

Thanks for the answer,

I have tried sharing the folder with a group I hvae created and gave the membership "manager". It helps partly to say it that way. The "management toolbar" shows up but in subitems of "add new item" are missing. The only thing that appears there is "restrict". So the members of that group will never see a choice that they can do to add contents. any more sufggestions?

Thanks again